Find answers to some of our most frequently asked questions
Q: Who are you and what do you do?
A: We work with tea companies (and, occasionally, food companies and other brands) to develop hi quality, tea-related content. You can read more about what we do and who we are by clicking here.
Q: How long does it take to complete a project?
A: It depends on the scope of the project. A product description for an established client usually takes a day or so to turn around, but (because we care about things like branding, style, tone and SEO) a product description for a new client will take longer. We’ve done entire site rewrites in under a month, but it usually takes a few months from first contact to final edit for that kind of thing. As a general rule, the sooner you let us know what you want us to do, the easier it is for everyone involved (and, often, the less costly it is for you).
Q: What are your rates?
A: It varies based on the scope of the project. Extremely unique branding (like a line of “vampire teas” we recently wrote about for NovelTeas) or unusual projects (like a dessert pairing menu we did for Samovar) tend to take longer (and cost more) than more generalized content. Please feel welcome to use our contact form to request an estimate for your next project.
Rates tend to be lower for content that’s completed in batches or done on a continual basis (for example: an entire site rewrite or an ongoing series of blog posts), as they don’t require us to start from scratch over and over (like piecemeal projects and one-offs tend to do).
Also, we have an additional fee for rush jobs. As we’re frequently working on a number of projects at any given time, this is done in order to compensate for the overtime needed to facilitate projects that fall outside of normal timelines.
Q: Which methods of payment do you accept?
A: We accept checks, money orders and PayPal payments.
Q: How do you taste tea?
Q: How do I know if I should work with you on a project?
First off, what kind of a project do you want us to do? If it’s along the lines of our experience and areas of expertise
, and if you’re a business owner or company who is passionate about tea, then we would work well together! You may also want to ask yourself the following:
Do I know what I want out of this project?
Would it be more advantageous for me to spend my time creating this content myself or paying someone else to do it?
Can I afford to pay someone else to develop this content? What are the direct and indirect financial rewards of having it done right?
If you feel satisfied that you’re better off having us do the project for you, contact us. (Link) Feel free to ask for references and relevant clips when you send us a note!
Q: I want you to do a site rewite or product description for me. What happens now?
A: Just follow these steps to get started:
1. Contact us
with a description of what your project.
2. We’ll contact you with any questions we have about the scope of the project. Once everything is clear, we’ll send you a quote for the project fee and a contract.
3. You send us the teas / products you want us to write about, as well as any branding / company details we need you to provide in order to ensure that you end up with awesome copy.
4. We test your products, write copy and email you the copy.
5. You check out what we did and request any revisions as needed. We revise as needed.
6. You have great copy and, after it’s on your site, you’ll likely find that your SEO and sales are markedly improved. (Ask us for client testimonials if you’d like more details on this last part!)
7. (Optional) You tell everyone you know how thrilled you are with our work, and then you work with us again on other projects, like media kits, Twitter campaigns, email marketing, etc.
Have more questions? Want to initiate a project? Contact us.